Minister of Justice
WALEED MOHAMMED AL SMANI
- Bachelor's in Islamic law from Imam Muhammad bin Saud University in Riyadh
- Master's degree in legal policy from Higher Judicial Institute of Imam Muhammad bin Saud University
- PhD in comparative law from the Higher Judicial Institute of Imam University
- Obtained PhD in legal policy from Imam Muhammad bin Saud Islamic University
- Worked as a judge at the Board of Grievances
- In 2013 he was appointed as an adviser at the crown prince court
- In 2015 he became the justice minister under a royal decree
- A member at the Council of Economic Affairs and Development
- Chairman of the Supreme Judicial Council
- Head of the Executive Office of the Council of Arab Justice Ministers
- Chairman of the Board of Directors of the Saudi Bar Association
- Member of NTP committee
- Chairman of the Board of Directors of the Alimony Fund
- Chairman of the Board of Directors of the Support and Liquidation Center
- Joined the Board of Grievances in 2001
- Worked as a judge at various types of courts of the Board of Grievances
- Headed a number of judicial departments at the Board of Grievances
- Participated numerous legal and judicial workshops
- Represented the Board of Grievances in committees created at the Bureau of Experts at the Council of Ministers to study and amend draft laws
Vice-Minister of Justice
Najem bin Abdullah al-Zaid
- Doctorate of Juridical Science (SJD); George Washington University Law School
- Master of Laws (LLM); University of Minnesota Law School
- Bachelor's of Judicial Studies; Umm al-Qura University – Saudi Arabia
- High Diploma in Law (Investigation and Public Prosecution); Institute of Public Administration – Saudi Arabia
- Executive Management Development Program; London Business School
- Executive Leadership Program; Harvard University
- Advisor at Saudi Royal Court
- Founding Partner; ZS&R Law Firm in association with Hogan Lovells
- Chief Governance and Legal Officer; Al Rajhi Bank
- Commissioner and Board Member (under Royal Decree no. A/83 dated 17/5/1435); Capital Market Authority
- Representative of Capital Market Authority in several legislative committees at Bureau of Experts
- Member and Chairman (2016); Committee of Heads of GCC Capital Market Authorities
- Representative of Capital Market Authority in working teams for free trade agreement negotiations between the GCC and the EU
- Board Member; National Center for Privatization & PPP
- Member of technical team representing Saudi Arabia in negotiations for joining the World Trade Organization
- Counsel; Islamic Development Bank (IDB)
- Consultant; World Bank
- Member; Bureau of Investigation and Public Prosecution
- Board member at a number of corporations
- Participant in several local and international conferences
Deputy Minister for
Laws and International Cooperation
Bashar Bin Omar Al-Mofadda
• The Doctor of Juridical Science (S.J.D.), Banking, Corporate, Finance, and Securities Law 2013 – 2015, Indiana University.
• Master of Laws (LL.M.), Banking, Corporate, Finance, and Securities Law 2012 – 2013, Indiana University.
• Master’s Degree, Legal Policy, Law Division 2006 - 2009, The Higher Judicial Institute, Imam Mohammed Bin Saud Islamic University.
• Bachelor’s Degree, Islamic Law 2002 – 2006, College of Sharia, Imam Mohammed Bin Saud Islamic University.
• Deputy Minister for Laws and International Cooperation 2023 – Present. Ministry of Justice.
• Assistant Deputy Minister for Judicial Support 2019 - 2022. Ministry of Justice.
• General Director of The Research Center 2018 – Present. Ministry of Justice.
• Assistant Director - Research Center 2016 – 2018. Ministry of Justice.
• Assistant Professor in Commercial and Corporate Law 2015 . The Higher Judicial Institute, Imam Mohammed Bin Saud Islamic University.
• Lecturer 2010 – 2015, The Higher Judicial Institute, Imam Mohammed Bin Saud Islamic University.
Deputy Minister for Judicial Affairs
Salman Farzan al-Fawzan
- Bachelor's in Shariah law from Qassim university
- Master's in legal policy from Imam university
- PhD in civil law from Islamic University in Madinah
- Assistant deputy ministry for performance and development at the Division of Judicial Affairs
- Adviser to the justice minister
- Deputy minister for judicial affairs
- Member of the board of directors for the Saudi Bar Association
- Member of the board of directors for the national center for mental health
- Committee member for real estate contributions
- Member at The Supervisory Committee for the Conciliation System
- Chairman at the advisory body for commercial judiciary unit
- Chairman at the advisory body for labor judiciary unit
- Member at the labor courts establishment team
- Member at the appeal committee at the Supreme Judicial Council
- Member at the judicial excellence award committee
- Member at the higher committee for legal studies in Jeddah university
Deputy Minister for Enforcement
Saleh bin Abdullah Al-Suwaii
• Bachelor's degree in Sharia (Islamic Law) from the faculty of Sharia at Qassim University in 1428 AH / 2007 AD, with grade: “Very Good”.
• Master's degree in Sharia Policy (Systems Division) from the Higher Judicial Institute at Imam Muhammad bin Saud Islamic University in Riyadh in 1432 AH / 2011 AD, with grade: “Excellent”.
• Master's degree in Business Law from Chapman University School of Law in California in 1434 AH / 2013 AD, with grade: “Excellent”.
• PhD in Judicial Studies, Department of Sharia, King Abdulaziz University, Jeddah, 1442 AH / 2021 AD, with grade: “Excellent”.
• Appointed to the judiciary 2011 AD.
• Trainee judge at Buraidah General Court in 2013 AD.
• Judge at the General Court in Mecca 2014 - 2018 AD.
• President of the General Court in Mecca 2019 - 2023 AD.
• President assistant of the Commercial Court in Riyadh - 2023 AD
• Deputy Minister for Enforcement 2023 AD.
• Provisions of incorporation shares in a joint stock company in jurisprudence and the judicial system, Master's research.
• Commercial concession and its obligations in terms of jurisprudence and the judicial, PhD research.
• Legislative and judicial systems in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and America.
• The Islamic economic system.
• Participated in many of scientific courses, workshops, and committees related to the field of judicial work.
• Representing the ministry of justice in some committees related to the work.
Deputy Minister for Property Certification and Registration
Muhammad bin Abdullah Al-Ayyaf
• Master’s degree in Law from the High Judicial Institute, 2011
• Board member of the Real Estate General Authority
• Assistant Deputy Minister for Property Certification and Registration
• Served as a judge in various fields: general, personal status, labor and appeals
• Obtained a professional certificate in Business Process Management from BPTrends Associates, accredited by IIBA
• Attended several judicial and legal workshops
Deputy Minister Planning & Development, Leader of Vision Realization Office
Yaser bin Muhammad al-Sudais
• Master's in Business Administration, College of Business Administration, King Saud University, 2017.
• Bachelor's in Computer Engineering, College of Computer and Information Technology, King Saud University, 2002.
• Deputy Minister for Planning and Development at the Ministry of Justice: 2021 – Present
• Deputy Minister's Assistant for Planning and Development at the Ministry of Justice: 2018 -
• Leader of Vision Realization Office at the Ministry of Justice: 2020 - Present
• Deputy leader of Vision Realization Office at the Ministry of Justice: 2018 - 2020
• General Director of Justice Training Center at the Ministry of Justice: 2019 - 2020
• Supervisor of Business Office at the Ministry of Justice: 2018 - Present
• Technical Advisor at Thiqah Business Services Company: November 2016 - November 2018
• Director of Partnerships and Alliances Department at STC - Solutions: June 2015 - November 2016
• Director of Marketing Research in the Business Sector at STC: February 2013 - June 2015
• Director of Programs and Projects at STC: September 2010 - February 2013
• Head of Networks and Communications Department at the Saline Water Conversion Corporation: November 2002 - September 2010
• Certified Project Management Professional and internal auditor
• Participated in several local and international conferences on technology and judicial administration
• Participated in various training courses: technical, marketing, quality control, and management
Deputy Minister for Digital Transformation and Information Technology
• BSc, Computer Engineering.
• Deputy Minister for Digital Transformation and Information Technology, Ministry of Justice, 2022 - Present.
• Assistant Deputy Minister for Technical Infrastructure and Operation, Ministry of Justice, 2021- 2022.
• Director of Unified Center for Tech Support, Ministry of Justice, 2021 – 2022.
• Director of Cloud Center of Excellence, Ministry of Justice, 2021.
• Director of Technical Systems, Ministry of Justice, 2020 – 2021.
• Head of IT Infrastructure and Operations, National Company for Mechanical Systems, 2018 – 2020.
• Senior Systems Engineer, National Company for Mechanical Systems, 2016 – 2018.
• Systems Engineer, National Company for Mechanical Systems, 2012 – 2015.
• IT Support Specialist, Ministry of Education, 2007 - 2012.
• Educational Software Designer, Ministry of Education, 2003 – 2007.
• Several local and international conferences.
• Specialist courses in financial analysis and planning, Quality control, project management, and technology.
Deputy Minister for Joint Services
Abdulrahman Nasser al-Khorayef
-Post-graduate diploma in financial oversight
- Deputy minister for joint services since 2019
- Director of administrative and financial affairs at the MoJ since 2016
- Director in several roles at the ministry of transport before moving to the MoJ
- Membership in a number of committees at the MoJ related to human resources, financial and administrative affairs
- Headed many committees handling ministry budgets planning
- Headed promotion committee in the ministry
- Represented the MoJ in various committees working with other government agencies
General Director of the Minister's Office
Abdulmuhsin bin Fahd al-Shuaibi
• Bachelor's in Law.
• Master's in Commercial Law.
• Deputy Minister for Notarization and Property Registration; 2021-2022.
• Assistant director of justice minister's office; 2019-2022.
• Legal advisor at justice minister's office; 2015-Present.
• Acted as director then supervisor of Partnership Directorate at justice minister's office; 2015-Present.
• Head and member of several MoJ advisory committees related to judicial, legal and notarial work.
• Acted as rapporteur of board of advisors at justice minister's office; 2016-2020.
• Acted as legal researcher at the office of the head of the Board of Grievances; 2013-2015.
• Volunteered for the National Society for Human Rights; 2013.
• Member of Sakani Program committee.
• Participated in the development teams of MoJ projects.
• Contributed to the development of the procedures for the justice minister's office.
• Participated in several joint committees and teams with other government agencies.
• Participated in studying draft laws and regulations.
• Represented the Ministry of Justice at international judicial and human rights events.